Wednesday, January 11, 2012

the start of the journey... well, sorta

Hi friends,
I've decided to blog. (Duh.) But let me explain why. I've become obsessed with mommy blogs recently. Jeremy walks into the room and I quickly minimize the page I'm looking at and he gives me that smile that says, "I approve of the fact that you are reading MORE mom-stuff, but really?" Yes, really. Its fun, its encouraging, its interesting, and a lot of these ladies are hilarious. But the thing that has stood out to me in quite a few of these blogs I've started "stalking" is that these women share a lot of details about their lives  that only their moms, sisters and bf's would really care about. A lot of them talk to or reference their moms directly, as if they are having a phone conversation, but via the blog. I think its sweet. And it occurred to me that perhaps I have some family and friends who might like to read all the randomness of my life too. How that doctors appointment went, the details of the birth story, what we did with this baby in our hut today and other things that will never make it into a Choshen newsletter or might seem too insignificant to send an e-mail out about. And so I want to start writing things down. For my sake, and perhaps for yours - whoever you are. And so here begins the journey... or rather, here continues the journey. I'm starting this at the start of my third trimester, which is 2/3rds of the way through the pregnancy and not even to day 1 of the mommy adventure. But things are starting to get "interesting" around here, so it seems appropriate to get on this ball before too much more happens.
And so that's what we'll do! OK blogworld, do your thang!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bethany

    I got the link to your blog in one of the Member Care Facebook groups I am in. I loved your latest (yet, i hope) article on Corona and just the perspective particularly on the fact that it scares nearly all of us but ultimately God is still in control.

    Each day I learn something new about Missionary life and Member Care and would want to read every one of your posts here. I believe they will be a great insight into what goes on in the field as I enrich my experiences in Member Care.

    I thought I should let you know just so you are aware of the 'stalkers' and shadows around you :) (Emojis dont seem to work here).

    I will also be praying more directly for you and your family as I get to hear more of your story.

    Blessings
    Fred

    ReplyDelete