Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One Month Old!

One month old today and we can hardly believe it! It seems like just yesterday we were in the hospital, looking upon her sweet little face and trying to make sense of this miracle. We are truly blessed. Right now as Bronwyn sleeps on my chest all wrapped up and breathing gently, I am greatly humbled by what God has allowed us to partake in. This month has been full of the highest of highs as well as some of the lowest of lows. I think on those beautiful moments of picture perfect kisses and laughs and beautiful sleeping faces. But I'm also thinking about the 45 hours of labor and the sleepless nights and discouragement that can come with feeling like you are a less than perfect parent. This job/joy of raising our baby girl is a full package. The happiness buts up against the hard and the result is exactly what the Lord promised - holiness. The book Sacred Parenting is written on this very premise: that God gives us children not just to make us happy but to make us holy. I know that we have been more prayerful, more humbled, more awe-struck, more aware of my own imperfection, more worshipful, and more reliant on God in the last month than perhaps ever before. This is the Lord's gift to us through Bronwyn. Thank you Lord. You have been good to us.


Her stats at her one month check up were that she is 22.5 inches long and 8 lbs. 6 oz. chunky. I feel like we have finally hit our stride with nursing where I don't wince when she latches on. The pediatrician actually said, "if I could take a video of the perfect latch to share with other moms, that would have been it." Yay baby B! She has mastered falling asleep in her pack and play so that we can stop worrying about crushing her in our bed at night. Jeremy has figured out how to console her through fits of tummy trouble, and while I am still figuring out how to soothe her apart from nursing, I do love that she calms down immediately when handed to me. She has gotten herself on a fairly consistent 3 hour schedule of sleep wake feed sleep. Her eyes are so much wider now than when she was born. She is learning to love baths and she has lovingly pooped all over the wall, the floor and her father. She makes pretty good eye contact when you get close and look at her and she latches well onto our fingers.

These are the things that stand out from her first month of life. I just have to say it one more time, Thank you Lord. You have been good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment