Tuesday, June 19, 2012

the next phase of the journey

SO THEN... on June 4th we begin the epic journey back to Zambia. Grandma & Grandpa Rawson, Bethany, Jeremy & Bronwyn loaded up 11 bags, 4 carry ons, one car seat and one pack and play and set off for Dulles airport. The loading and unloading of bags wasn't nearly as difficult as we thought it would be.
I think mom, dad, j&b only take up 2
of the 11 suitcases. Baby B took up the rest


We reached London TIRED but still chose to hop on the tube and take a bus ride so our parents could see a bit of the city.
on the London tube. bronwyn fell asleep easily
with the rumble & swaying


16 hours later we got back on the plane and began the last leg to Zambia. Once in Lusaka we started immediate running errands and then at 7 o'clock PM we got ourselves and all of our stuff piled into the land rover and took off for Fmpulu. I need to document this so Bronwyn will know how awesome she is: Baby B did GREAT the whole way. Seriously, we carted her all over kingdom come for DAYS and she stuck it out like a champ. Thank heavens we made the decision several weeks ago to just feed her whenever she wants it. Bronwyn+mommy's milk=happiness for everyone.

At the beginning of our 12 hour
drive to Fimpulu from Lusaka. We
drove, baby B slept. 


I'll be honest and say that during the whole trip I was both excited and reserved. I kept thinking in my head, "I can't believe we are doing this. I can't believe we are taking our baby to the bush." I tried so hard to have 100% faith, but my  human tendency to doubt and fear inevitably crept in from time to time. I'm doing better with that now, and I'll write more about it later. But for now I want to give praise to God for true traveling MERCIES. Oh how they are new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment